Wednesday, January 27, 2010

J'AI QUITTE MON PAYS (For my father)

Today,
I found your picture
In between the pages of a book
Which I forgot to read, or got bored....
With that look on your face
And that smile once I adored
I'm a little girl again,
Begging you to hug me,
Begging you to kiss my pain.

I didn't know then
Time was too impatient,
Time was too hasty.
I thought days were vast....
Now, I need only that day, trapped in this photo,
Now, I need just three minutes of your past
So that you can put me to sleep one more time
Before I put your picture away.
Put me to sleep whispering that song,
Whispering like you used to.... J'ai quitte mon pays...

Zeycan

(You can listen to the song here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Uw9doM3vo&aia=true

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this beautiful story